Bus services are provided by Ground Transport Inc. Applications for students who live more than 1.5 miles away from Ilima Intermediate School campus are available at your at Ilima or on-line at: https: //iportal.kl2.hi.us/SBT /home.aspx. Payments for bus passes can be made at Ilima's front office Monday to Friday from 7:30am - 3:00pm beginning on July 3, 2017. Make check payable to Ilima Intermediate. Call 808-687-9305 for more information.
Read the Department of Education's information on Bus Transportation and Safety.
Mrs. Sue Halmos, (808) 687-9305
Bus applications are available in the school’s office. Bus passes are purchased quarterly or annually, through Ilima Intermediate and the State Transportation Service Office. Bus services are provided by Ground Transport. Any concerns regarding bus service should be directed to the State - Leeward Transportation Service Office. Phone: (808) 687-9519; Billing and Payment: (808) 586-0170. The Attendance Clerk can answer most of your questions about the application and payment process.
Payment Options: (Rates subject to change)
- Annual Payment Plan: One-time payment of $270.00; round trip.
- Annual Payment Plan: One-way ONLY payment of $135.00 (Morning or Afternoon only)
- Quarterly Payment Plan: Four equal payments, one for each academic quarter of $72.00; round trip.
Check with Attendance Clerk for specific quarterly payment dates.
- Quarterly Payment Plan: One-way ONLY payment of $36.00 (Morning or Afternoon only)
- One-way Coupons: A sheet of 10 coupons for $12.50
***NO REFUND on ALL school bus pass purchases
***LOST bus pass fee is $5.00.
Free Bus Pass
Students who meet one or more of the following criteria may receive a free bus pass. Please complete Part 3 of the application form if you believe your child is eligible for a free bus pass, and check all applicable criteria categories:
- Student qualifies for the free lunch program (Note: Students who qualify for reduced lunch prices are not eligible for a free bus pass)
- Student is a foster child
- Student is homeless (McKinney-Vento eligible)
- Student’s Special Education plan includes regular transportation as a related service
- Student is directed by the District to attend a school outside of the designated attendance area
- Student has three older siblings who are fare-paying bus rider
Rules for Riding the Bus
Bus Rules (At the bus stop)
- Be on time.
- Stay off the road while waiting for the bus.
- When there are no sidewalks, walk on the side of the road facing traffic to get to the bus stop.
- Refrain from loud talking that may disturb nearby students.
- Refrain from littering or defacing property at the bus stop.
- Line up in an orderly single file and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to board the bus.
- Do not bring articles on the bus that may cause injury to self and to other passengers.
Bus Rules (On the bus)
- Remain seated at all times especially while the bus is in motion.
- Keep hands and heads inside the bus.
- Refrain from loud talking.
- Treat bus equipment as valuable furniture. Damage to seats, windows, etc. shall be paid for by the student/parent.
- Refrain from throwing anything out of the bus window.
- Do not eat or drink any beverages on the bus.
- Obey the bus driver.
- Repeated infractions are reported to Administration and may result in loss of bus riding privileges.